It’s January 2014, and I’ve been seeing a lot of newbs in the gym. I assume it’s because this time of year, a lot of people set fitness goals. The problem is: Most people don’t see results the first few months and their goals just go to Hell.
There are a lot of reasons why people don’t accomplish their fitness goals. In the video below, I’m going to give you the top 7 reasons why people aren’t making gains:
- Lack of plan: Have a destination and a plan. Set a goal and get there. Follow a routine. A few are: P90X, Insanity, Texas Method. Any routine is better than random exercises. Follow something strictly for 12 weeks and you’ll make gains!
- Inconsistency: Not working out, sleeping, drinking water consistently. Squeeze as much success as you can in each day. Squeeze the life out of each day! Try keeping a log of everything you do each day: work out, water intake, sleep, food, etc.
- Not timing rests between sets: Rest 3 to 5 minutes between each set to gain strength. To gain muscle, rest 1 to 2 minutes between sets. If your primary goal is burning fat, rest only 30 seconds between. If you are not timing your rest between sets, then your workout is just a gotdamn joke.
- Not sleeping enough: Sleep is so important! Get around 8 hours a night. If you’re not sleeping enough each night, you’re wasting your time with exercise and eating right.
- Not taking supplements: You don’t need supplements. Supplements add to your diet. Sometimes it’s hard to get the nutrients, like protein, you need in your diet to gain muscle or get the results you desire. Supplement your diet with a multi-vitamin or protein powder. Supplements help!
- Bad form: Perfect form isolates the muscle. Don’t expect to get great results from bad form. If you’re going to do an exercise, do it correctly.
- Working out like a little hoe: If you want to see results, you have to put in the work and you have to work HARD! Making dramatic changes in any area of life is going to take a lot of hard work. Do not aproch your goals timidly. Go all out and hold nothing back. If you are going to shoot, make sure you empty the clip.
P.S. Check out the 3rd single from my new band “SOMETHING FOR THE PAIN” We will be releasing one new song ever week. If you like the track, let me know and like us on FB! Thanks
Our First single “LONG TRAIN RUNIN” you can download it for free —> http://bit.ly/1aJ4JfQ
The Tea Rexx said take 3times daily& am tryin to put on muscle mass.Would this affect my gain or should i take 1daily or so?
Yo Brandon i have a dilemma. I got high small calves. I train them 2-3 times a week i do 4 sets of seated calf raises and 3 sets jump squats. But they don’t grow as fast. Do you any tips for me?
Your book is awesome, I had no idea how important insulin and other hormones are to gain muscle!!
Now I am on day 6 of my intermittent fasting, and I already lost 2,5 kg!!
Do you have any experiences with agility ladder?? 😀 It´s great cardio.
MUSCLE MASS from Prague, Czech Republic
Does herbal tea makes difference in our bodies?
Hey Brandon do you take creatine consistently or for just one month then stop for one month so that your body won’t stop making its own creatine?
YO what up Brandon… So I Got This problem that my left biceps, triceps and pectoral muscles are bigger and stronger than my Right it looks stupid, I Dont know what to do to even it out. Hope you see This Comment peace. And btw love your Music man keep killing it.
Amazon has no more tea rexx!!!!!Do you recommend any other fat burners???
hey brandon, could you send me a rough example of your diet. I’m 6’0, 180 lbs and my goal is to have a physique similar to yours. also is it possible to gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously?
You should do a full body workout, so we can see what kind of exercises do you do and how many of them
can you email me the answer to : should i have cheat days when im intermittent fasting on hiit days and on strength days i do compound and sometimes lifting i eat a well balanced diet using the info you gave me in your book im eating 2 high carb meals one before and after a workout and low carb meals for remainder of the day i take ice showers, and drink a gallon of water a day, i also get enough sleep and i take whey protein, i am 15 5’2 115 lbs. 14% bodyfat .i use your portion size method. please reply with the best answer by emailing me at the email shown with all due respects and thank you.
Please brandon I have a really important question I would like to have the answer to. I watch all your videos and woundering this: you say you micro bulk and micro cut right, so when you bulk you do heavy weights 6-12reps and rest like 90 sek. do this mean you dont do heavy when you cut? when you cut do you only do light wheigts and many reps resting only 30 sek betwen sets?
hope you understand my question please reply it would mean alot peace
Im sorry if im slow and dont understand this :o) my first language is not english but i also wounder if lets say that you cut for 3 weeks are all days those 3 weeks LOW / CARB days?
Thanks for all help and info you share you are the best on what you do man
Hey brandon I want to build huge n wider lats what should I do for that?
Hey BBC quick question brah! How long shud i workout daily to lose weight, im 14 years and i weigh about 47 kg, i dont have too much fat, just belly fat, and some fat at my arms and thighs, Thanks BBC for all da vids and motivation u hve given (:
Hi Brandon, what do you think about Beta Alanin and/or Taurin?
Hey Brandon, when u do the No-Carb Diet, you get the rest calories from good Fats? or nothing at all?cause if u dont get the rest calories your body goes to catabolic state i read..